JustUs Health works for equitable health care access and outcomes for people who experience injustice at the intersection of health status and identity.
We center individuals and communities at risk of and living with HIV or facing barriers to equitable health care access and outcomes because of their identity as gender, sexual and/ or racial minorities.
To keep up-to-date with our public policy and community advocacy work, sign up here.
2020 STATE LEGISLATIVE AGENDA
- Expand PrEP Access –
Authorize pharmacists to dispense PrEP and PEP without a prescription.
- Expand HIV Prevention – SF203 (Hayden)/HF269 (Cantrell)
Increase funding for HIV Prevention and Services to reduce the number of new infections.
- Comprehensive Sex Education – HF1414 (Lippert)
Require all school districts to provide Age-appropriate and medically accurate Responsible Family Life Education programs that develops skills to prevent and reduce sexually transmitted infections and unintended pregnancies, and prevention of sexual violence.
- PrEP and PEP Drug Assistance Program – SF1137 (Dibble)/HF1878
Increase availability and access to PrEP and PEP by establishing a program to assist drug co-pay and lab costs for low-income individuals.
- Mental Health Protections Act – HF12 (Cantrell)/SF83 (Dibble)
Protect LGBTQ Minnesotans from Harmful Conversion Therapy and ensure LGBTQ people receive mental healthcare that is ethical, affirming and culturally competent.
- Opioid Stewardship Fund & Opioid Addiction Advisory Council – HF400 (Olson)/SF751 (Rosen)
Establish Opioid Addiction Advisory Council to confront the opioid and overdose epidemic and create Opioid Stewardship Fund with fees collected from opioid manufactures to support treatment and recovery services.
- Homes for All –
$300 million in bonds to create supportive housing/ $50 million tax credits and $25 million for Housing Supportive Services/$55 million for MN Housing to:
- Prevent homelessness, provide emergency shelter & improve stability
- Build and preserve affordable housing, Provide Rental Assistance