The HIV Case Manager at JustUs Health is responsible for comprehensive client need assessments, care coordination, risk reduction education, client advocacy, and HIV disease and medical care education. The ideal candidate will be comfortable having direct and honest discussions with clients regarding sensitive topics such as sexual activity and drug use behavior. The person in this role will also have crisis intervention skills and be able to thoroughly assess client suicidality, safety, etc. Our case management program works from client-centered, strength-based, harm-reduction and trauma-informed perspectives; comfort working from these perspectives is required. It also requires being able to work with medical and social service providers throughout the community and documenting interactions with clients and providers in a timely manner.
- Engaging with clients one-on-one to develop rapport and build relationships
- Maintaining a caseload of up to 50 individuals, managing client needs to respond to emerging needs and engage in proactive client work
- Completing formal and informal assessments with individual clients to identify client strengths and barriers to meeting needs, with an emphasis on needs connected to managing HIV health
- Developing actions plans in partnership with clearly defined goals and action steps client and case manager will take to achieve identified goals
- Meeting with clients in provider office and community settings including medical offices, public libraries, client homes, etc.
- Maintaining thorough understanding of HIV disease, transmission and services and deliver information to clients in appropriate ways to support client health management and transmission risk reduction and an understanding of program eligibility criteria, verification processes and documentation standards and complete documentation using electronic databases
- Developing and maintaining thorough understanding of the intersection of chemical and mental health concerns and health management
- Completing narrative written documentation of client interactions using professional and objective language
- Collaborating with internal agency and external community HIV professionals and stakeholders.
- Supporting team members in work efforts through client consultation, coverage, referral education, etc.
- Other duties as needed to best support the agency and our clients
- High school diploma required
- Minimum of two years of employment experience providing social services in a job that involved carrying a caseload and the following duties: completing psychosocial assessments, providing interdisciplinary care coordination, identifying and referring to appropriate resources, developing and utilizing client-centered care plans and maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Demonstrated skill and expertise working with African American and multi-racial communities who are disproportionately impacted by HIV and in addressing Gay/Bi/MSM/Queer and Transgender health issues.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with HIV-positive people, and those engaged in risk behaviors for HIV in individual and group settings.
- Familiarity with navigating public insurance options.
- Knowledge of HIV prevention, care and related issues.
- Comfort working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Individuals with lived experience or a passion towards our target populations (Gay/Bi/MSM/Queer, Transgender, African American, multi-racial communities that are disproportionately impacted by HIV, HIV positive people, and those engaging in risk behaviors for HIV in individual and group settings) are encouraged to apply
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in social work, public health, human services or nursing is preferred.
- Experience working in or with medical systems is preferred.
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s license is preferred. Access to reliable transportation and ability to travel independently throughout the metro area is required.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
2577 Territorial Road
St. Paul, MN 55114