We are growing our housing department within JustUs Health and are looking to hire a Housing Specialist. This person will work within our housing program that includes: HIV housing systems advocacy work to increase housing opportunities for people living with HIV, the housing access coordination project that will prepare people in case management and transitional housing waitlists for housing, and our temporary housing program, a scattered-site transitional program for low income HIV-positive individuals and families. The Housing Specialist provides housing education and referrals, and provides support to individuals and families in the Twin Cities on seeking permanent housing solutions.
- Engaging with clients one-on-one to develop rapport and build relationships and developing action plans with clearly defined goals and action steps to identify the goals.
- Conducting initial and on-going housing assessments.
- Providing assistance with apartment searches and lease signing.
- Collaborating with HIV Medical Case Managers and community landlords to work as efficiently as possible with clients.
- Maintaining an understanding of program eligibility criteria, verification processes and documentation standards and complete documentation using electronic databases.
- Providing referrals and education on renter’s rights and responsibilities and facilitating rental subsidies.
- Supporting team members in work efforts through client consultation, coverage, referral education, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services or other related area or equivalent professional experience. Preference to those with one year or more of social service experience.
- Demonstrated capacity to identify/address and intervene on clients’ housing barriers.
- Background in housing and/or HIV, substance abuse and mental health.
- Demonstrated skill and expertise working with African American and multi-racial communities who are disproportionately impacted by HIV, in addressing Gay/Bi/MSM/Queer and Transgender health issues, and a capacity to work with HIV-positive people and those engaged in risk behaviors for HIV in individual settings. Those with lived experiences in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Comfort working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s license is required. Access to reliable transportation and ability to travel independently throughout the state of Minnesota is required.
This is a non-exempt position with a full-time starting annual salary in the high $30K - low $40K range based on experience. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, and company paid life insurance and long-term disability. We provide our employees with paid time off and paid holidays.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
2577 Territorial Road
St. Paul, MN 55114