The Mental Health Care Coordinator at JustUs Health is responsible for delivering and overseeing mental health services and care coordination for 30-40 clients annually and is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Mental Health Care Coordinator program. The person in this role works to ensure high-quality mental health services including, but not limited to: diagnostic assessments, chemical health assessments, psychological assessments, care linkage treatment plans, Treatment Linkage Case Management, crisis psychotherapy, care coordination, referrals to culturally-responsive, high-quality mental health services, and ongoing client support. The Mental Health Care Coordinator may also be responsible for the selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of interns.
- Engage with clients, one-on-one, to develop rapport and build relationships.
- Complete mental health diagnostic assessments, clinical measures, care linkage treatment plans
- Provide placement coordination and follow-up to mental health treatment programs.
- Meet with clients and provide services on- and off-site to maximize client recruitment and retention.
- Coordinate services with supporting professionals, including HIV service providers, medical professionals, and mental health providers.
- Provide crisis psychotherapy services to clients as needed while coordinating referrals to primary mental health providers identified in treatment linkage care plan.
- Maintain thorough understanding of HIV disease, transmission, and services.
- Deliver health information to clients in ways that support their health management and reduce the risk of HIV transmission.
- Complete charting and billing in an accurate and timely manner in compliance with agency protocols, contract standards, and legal regulations.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with other organizations and professionals.
- Provide high-quality mental health services, using evidence-based interventions to JustUs Health’s targeted populations: LGBTQ+ people, people at risk for or living with HIV, and other communities who historically have experience health care disparities and complete all clinical documents in a timely manner.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, training, and evaluation of clinical trainees to assure a motivated and professional working environment and ensure high quality services.
- Provide clinical supervision, training, and development with clinical trainees to ensure quality services.
- Assist the Director of Clinical Services in ongoing program evaluation and development.
- Act as a liaison between JustUs Health management, the community and other community agencies to develop and maintain successful professional relationships.
- Masters degree in clinical social work
- 2 years of experience in providing direct, clinical, mental health services.
- Licensed as a graduate-level social worker (LGSW or LICSW) in Minnesota.
- Credentialed as a mental health/behavioral health care provider with major health insurance providers in Minnesota.
- 1-2 years working with mental health and chemical health issues.
- Professional competence and/or certification in trauma-informed care, sexual health, and/or substance use disorders.
- Professional training and experience in crisis psychotherapy, crisis intervention, and de-escalation techniques.
- Other professional certifications.
- Proficiency in a second language other than English.
- Individuals with lived experience or a passion towards our target populations (Gay/Bi/MSM/Queer, Transgender, African American, multi-racial communities that are disproportionately impacted by HIV, HIV positive people, and those engaging in risk behaviors for HIV in individual and group settings) are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Email an up to date resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.