ST. PAUL, Minn. – In mid-July, JustUs Health was notified by Gethsemane Episcopal Church that the parish will no longer be holding services and the congregation will be dissolving in November. After months of looking into viable alternative locations, JustUs Health is entering into an agreement with All God’s Children Metropolitan Community Church to relocate Mainline starting on January 2, 2020.
“We’re excited to expand our work with All God’s Children to end HIV, serve the people of the community, and develop new projects together,” said Phil Duran, Director of Advocacy, Education and Research for JustUs Health. “Our Mainline staff of Megan, J, Carter and Travis have been invaluable in developing a transition and move plan that will offer our Mainline services with no interruption.”
Details for the public:
- Mainline will relocate to All God’s Children Metropolitan Community Church (3100 Park Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55407) and begin serving clients on Thursday, January 2 from 2-5 p.m.
- The last day of operations for Mainline out of the Gethsemane Church location (905 4th Avenue, Minneapolis) will be on Monday, December 30 from 2-5 p.m.
- Mainline will be closed as it normally would be on December 31 and January 1 for pre-scheduled agency holiday time off.
- The move of locations remains within the primary service area of existing clients and is conveniently accessed by Metro Transit bus lines 5, 11, 21 and 53.
- Mainline offers walk-in HIV and Hepatitis C testing during all regular hours as well as provide Naloxone, a life-saving opiate overdose reversal agent.
- Mainline Syringe exchange is open during the following hours which will not change as we move into our new space:
- Monday and Thursday: 2 – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday and Friday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Additional information about Mainline Syringe Exchange is available at https://www.justushealth.org/mainline
About JustUs Health and Mainline Syringe Exchange
The Mainline Syringe Exchange is managed and operated by JustUs Health. Mainline was established in 1994 and is the largest and longest continuously operated syringe exchange in Minnesota. JustUs Health combines the full range of prevention, education, advocacy, and support services for people at risk of or affected by HIV, developed by Minnesota AIDS Project, with the innovative research and education programs of Rainbow Health Initiative and Training to Serve. Together, we envision a Minnesota where people from diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities experience health and wellness in powerfully inclusive environments. Learn more about us at www.JustUsHealth.org